Effective date: January 1st, 2015
Welcome to Miss Tiara ("Miss Tiara," "we", "us" or "our"). Miss Tiara provides a fast, beautiful and fun way for you to share media through our content-sharing platform.
- Miss Tiara (“we, "us" or “our”) pledges to meet fully with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong. In doing so, we ensure compliance by its staff to the strictest standards of security and confidentiality in respect of all personal information and data submitted by users via Misstiara.com.hk and its sub-domains (collectively, “Sites”) and we will not release such information to anyone without the prior consent of the relevant user(s) of the Sites (whether registered or not) (“User(s)”) except to the authorized persons listed under paragraph 1, 2, and 3 below”.
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service ("Users"), and the provisions herein may be updated, revised, varied and/or amended from time to time as we deem necessary.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your password and e-mail address when you register for a Miss Tiara account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, phone number). This information allows us to help you or others be "found" on Miss Tiara.
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and Miss Tiara. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
Finding your friends on Miss Tiara:
If you choose, you can use our "Search" feature to locate other people with Miss Tiara accounts through a search of email or usernames.
If you choose to find your friends through a search on Miss Tiara then simply type a name to search and we will perform a search on our Service.
We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Miss Tiara.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- enhance the daily operation of the services provided to Users
- identify Users who have posted advertisements, materials, messages, photos, views or comments or such other information (collectively “Information”) on the Sites
- identify Users who have viewed the Information posted on the Sites
- provide Users with marketing and promotional materials for their enjoyment of benefits as members of the Sites
- identify Users who have enjoyed their benefits as members of the Sites by receiving and using marketing and promotional materials, and by enrolling for special events hosted by us and/or its affiliates
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- automatically update the Miss Tiara application on your device or other Users may run contests, special offers or other events or activities ("Events") on the Service. If you do not want to participate in an Event, do not use the particular Metadata associated with that Event.
- If the User is under the age of 13, we would strongly recommend him/her to seek prior consent from a person with parental responsibility for him/her, e.g. parent or guardian, who may contact the responsible personnel of Miss Tiara at firstname.lastname@example.org for registering the User as member of the Sites.
- We strive to only collect personal data which are necessary and adequate but not excessive in relation to the purposes set out hereinabove.
- If we require the use of Users’ personal data for a purpose other than those set out hereinabove, we may request the Users’ prescribed consent to the same. If User is a minor, the prescribed consent should be given by his/her parent or guardian.
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside Miss Tiara (or the group of companies of which Miss Tiara is a part) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that Miss Tiara is part of, or that become part of that group ("Affiliates"). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences).
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.\
4. SUBSCRIPTION OF NEWSLETTER/PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS/MARKETING MATERIALS
- We and its affiliates may from time to time send to members and Users of the Sites newsletters, promotional materials and marketing materials based on the personal information and data that they have provided to us. We may use Users’ data in direct marketing and we require the Users’ consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose. In this connection, please note that:
- a. the name, log-in ID and password, contact details, age, sex, date of birth, country of residence, nationality, education level and work experience of Users held by us from time to time may be used by us and/or its authorized personnel or staff in direct marketing;
- b. the following classes of services, products and subjects may be marketed:
- i. fashion and beauty related products and services;
- ii. health and fitness related products and services;
- iii. special events hosted by us and its affiliates for members and Users, including but not limited to courses, workshops, and competitions;
- iv. reward, loyalty or privileges programs and related products and services;
- v. special offers including coupons, discounts, group purchase offers and promotional campaigns;
- vi. products and services offered by our affiliates and advertisers (the names of such affiliates and advertisers can be found in the relevant advertisements and/or promotional or marketing materials for the relevant products and services, as the case may be);
- vii. donations and contributions for charitable and/or non-profit making purposes;
- c. The above products, services and subjects may be provided or (in the case of donations and contributions) solicited by us and/or:
- i. the our affiliates;
- ii. third party service providers providing the products, services and subjects listed in paragraph (b) above; and
- iii. charitable or non-profit marking organizations;
- d. in addition to marketing the above services, products and subject itself, we also intend to provide the data described in paragraph (b) above to all or any of the persons described in paragraph (c) above for use by them in marketing those services, products and subjects, and we require the Users’ written consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose;
- e. we may receive money or other property in return for providing the data to the other persons in paragraph (d) above and, when requesting the Users’ written consent as described in paragraph (d) above, we will inform the Users if we receive any money or other property in return for providing the data to the other persons.
- Suitable measures are implemented to make available to such members the options to “opt-out” of receiving such materials. In this regard, Users may choose to sign up or unsubscribe for such materials by logging into the registration or user account maintenance webpage, or clicking on the automatic link appearing in each newsletter/message, or contact us at email@example.com
5.HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region or any other country in which Miss Tiara, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- Miss Tiara, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from Hong Kong Special Administrative Region laws, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, Miss Tiara cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Miss Tiara or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Miss Tiara, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to Miss Tiara make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
6. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- Any User is entitled to request access to or make amendments to his/her own personal information and data kept with Miss Tiara by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event that a User wishes to access or amend his/her personal information and data, we may request him/her to provide personal details in order to verify and confirm his/her identity. HKID card number or passport number or business registration certificate number cannot be amended unless such data is proved to be inaccurate.
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by sending email to: email@example.com. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
7. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Miss Tiara does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
8. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
The security of Users’ personal information and data is important to us. We will always strive to ensure that Users’ personal information and data will be protected against unauthorized access. We have implemented appropriate electronic and managerial measures in order to safeguard, protect and secure Users’ personal information and data.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information and data submitted by Users to the Sites, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect Users’ personal information and data against unauthorized access, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
10. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Retention of Personal Data Once we have obtained a User’s personal information and/or data, it will be maintained securely in our system. Subject to legal requirements, the personal information and/or data of Users will be retained by us after deactivation of the relevant service until the User requests us in writing to erase his/her own personal information and/or data from our database or to terminate his/her membership of the Sites.
11. HOW TO CONTACT US